The North Dakota Nurse Practitioner Association (NDNPA) was originated from a statewide grassroots effort initiated by three pro-active nurse practitioners from across North Dakota. Since that time, the group has elected officials, established bylaws, began work on important legislative issues and networked with other state, regional and national nursing groups.
The mission of NDNPA is to promote quality healthcare in North Dakota by support, advocacy, leadership and continued education of nurse practitioners.
- To promote excellence in nurse practitioner practice
- To assist participation of nurse practitioners in the legislative and public policy process
- To provide a unified and professional voice for nurse practitioners regarding legislation affecting health care policy, quality of and access to care, and issues surrounding advanced practice nursing
- To enhance the image and visibility of the nurse practitioner role
- To foster communication and networking of nurse practitioners
- To nurture relationships and cooperation with other groups or individuals who share, support or compliment the purpose of NDNPA